$50k-80k + Benefits
The Senior Planner serves as a leader within Thrive’s Economic Development Division and is passionate about making West Central Indiana a great place to live, work, and play. They understand the region as it is today and envision its future potential. They strive to achieve that vision in a collaborative, regional manner by utilizing best practices in economic development, planning, community development, education, and placemaking.
Thrive is seeking an experienced planner who is looking to take their career to the next level by leveraging their technical knowledge, analytical and writing skills, and leadership acumen to develop and implement projects that improve the economic, physical, and social well-being of West Central Indiana. The Senior Planner must have effective communication and management skills and be an innovative problem-solver. They will have the ability to target and pursue a diverse range of tools and funding opportunities to support the development of the region. They must be able to effectively build working relationships with community leaders, elected officials, government employees, and other key stakeholders throughout the region, state, and country. They should have a strong understanding of local and regional economic data, grant writing and administration, planning principles, government regulations, and public engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides vision and leadership in developing and implementing economic and community development programs and ensures the quality, responsiveness, efficiency, and effectiveness of those programs.
- Represents Thrive externally, including making presentations and recommendations to local partners and community stakeholder groups, elected officials, county departments, state officials, citizen groups, and other policymaking entities regarding current and future development.
- Develops division goals and objectives to be consistent with priorities and policies established by the Executive Director. Creates, obtains buy-in on, and implements Thrive’s economic and community development strategic plan and action plan.
- Directs the overall operations of the division, including personnel management, teambuilding, training and evaluation of staff, budgeting, strategy, work planning, policy development, and program supervision.
- Serves as the primary subject matter expert in economic and community development in West Central Indiana.
- Establishes and maintains effective public relations. Responds to inquiries from clients, local and state government officials, regulatory agencies, media, or members of the professional community.
- Performs complex research, studies, analyses and develops plans or reports.
- Stays abreast of current trends and innovations in the field and identifies opportunities to bring them to West Central Indiana.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment. Strives to serve not only the communities and residents within our region, but also Thrive’s employees to empower them to continue to learn, grow, and develop both personally and professionally.
- Performs related work or other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, including but not limited to urban and regional planning, public administration, economics, or geography. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in planning, project management, grant writing and/or public administration
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in economic and community development
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and an ability to lead effectively
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of economic development principles and best practices and a commitment to innovation in the field
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal grant opportunities, including but not limited to the Economic Development Administration, Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Environmental Protection Agency, Indiana Finance Authority, and Indiana Department of Natural Resources
- Demonstrated project planning and management skills
- Ability to effectively manage operations and delegate tasks
- Ability to interpret client needs and solve complex issues while managing and prioritizing multiple projects and demands
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to deal effectively and courteously with individuals at all levels and build cooperative, productive relationships with partners
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, 401k (7% matching), Vacation, Sick leave, Life insurance, Mileage reimbursement, Cell phone reimbursement, Wellness planning and access to health clinic, Professional development
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We follow CDC guidelines.
- How many years of economic development experience do you have ?
- Are you willing to relocate to Terre Haute, Indiana for this position ?