Getting You Where You Need to Go

Year-Round Transportation

West Central’s Division of Area 7 Agency on Aging and Disabled Resources year-round provides no-cost (donation based) transportation services for individuals 60+ and disabled individuals in Parke, Vermillion, and Vigo counties. In addition, our organization provides $2/trip for rural to city and city to rural public transportation services for Vigo county.

Where can you go?

Vigo rural to city or city to rural trips: People of all ages and abilities can use our public transportation service for any type of trip (i.e., work, school, shopping, etc.) in Vigo County as long as the trip begins or ends outside of the Vigo County urbanized area.

  • Parke, Vermillion & Vigo Counties: Seniors and disabled persons can use our public transportation service for trips to:

Medical Appointments
Nutrition Sites
Grocery Stores
Adult Day Centers
Senior Centers
Government Offices
Banking Facilities

Making a Reservation

Call (812) 232-2675 or (800) 489-1561. We ask for 48-hours in advance of your trip to make a reservation; however, we can often accommodate short-notice/on-demand trips if we are nearby. Hearing impaired persons can call the Indiana Relay Service at 711 or (317) 344-1413 for assistance in making a reservation.

When you call, please be ready to provide the dispatcher the following information:

  • Name and the number of riders
  • Type of trip (medical appointment, grocery shopping, travel to work or school, etc.)
  • Pick up location and destination
  • Desired pickup time
  • Call back phone number

Also, please advise the dispatcher if the pickup location is difficult to access, or if you (or the passenger) require special assistance. Our services are provided from the door at your pickup point to the door at your destination. Therefore, the driver may assist you to and from the door when boarding or leaving the bus. However, he/she is not permitted to enter a residence or business.

Our organization also provides funding for transportation programs that we do not operate within our district in Clay, Putnam, and Sullivan counties.

Your Civil Rights

THRIVE WEST CENTRAL Transit (THRIVE WEST CENTRAL) operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, or national origin, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and other statutes and authorities that prohibit discrimination in Federally assisted programs and activities. Any person who believes they have been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with THRIVE WEST CENTRAL. For more information on THRIVE WEST CENTRAL’s civil rights program and the procedures to file a complaint, please contact THRIVE WEST CENTRAL 812-238-1561; email [email protected] or visit our administrative office at 2800 Poplar Street Suite 9A Terre Haute, IN 47803 from Monday-Friday 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.. A complaint may also be filed directly with the FTA, Office of Civil Rights, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington DC 20590. For more information about THRIVE WEST CENTRAL programs and services, visit If information is needed in another language, please contact 812-238-1561.

Discrimination Complaint Procedures

THRIVE WEST CENTRAL has established a process for riders to file a complaint under Title VI. Any person who believes that she or he has been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, or national origin by THRIVE WEST CENTRAL may file a Title VI complaint by completing and submitting the agency’s Title VI Complaint available at our administrative offices or on our website

THRIVE WEST CENTRAL will notify INDOT of all formal complaints within five business days of receiving the complaint.

The Procedure

If you believe that you have received discriminatory treatment by the THRIVE WEST CENTRAL on the basis of race, color, or national origin you have the right to file a complaint with the THRIVE WEST CENTRAL Director of Aging and Disabled Operations.

Methods of filing a complaint:

Complete the Complaint Form, and send it to:

Jessica Taylor at 2800 Poplar Street Suite 9A, Terre Haute, IN 47803

Verbal complaints are accepted and transcribed by Director of Aging and Disabled Operations. To make a verbal complaint, call [812-238-1561] and ask for Jessica Taylor.

THRIVE WEST CENTRAL investigates complaints received no more than 180 days after the alleged incident. THRIVE WEST CENTRAL will process complaints that are complete. Once the complaint is received, THRIVE WEST CENTRAL will review it and the complainant will receive an acknowledgement letter informing them whether the complaint will be investigated by THRIVE WEST CENTRAL.

THRIVE WEST CENTRAL has up to thirty days to investigate the complaint. If more information is needed to resolve the case, the THRIVE WEST CENTRAL may contact the complainant. The complainant has thirty days from the date of the letter to send requested information to the investigator assigned to the case.


If THRIVE WEST CENTRAL’s investigator is not contacted by the complainant or does not receive the additional Information within thirty days, THRIVE WEST CENTRAL can administratively close the case. A case can be administratively closed also if the complainant no longer wishes to pursue their case.

After the investigator reviews the complaint, one of two letters will be issued to the complainant: a closure letter or a letter of finding (LOF). A closure letter summarizes the allegations and states that there was not a Title VI violation and that the case will be closed.

A LOF summarizes the allegations and the interviews regarding the alleged incident, and explains whether any disciplinary action, additional training of the staff member, or other action will occur. If the complainant wishes to appeal the decision, she/he has ten days after the date of the letter or the LOF to do so.

A person may also file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration, at:
Federal Transit Administration
Office of Civil Rights
1200 New Jersey Avenue SE
Washington, DC 20590

Promised Growth.

Dedicated Quality of Life.

Dedicated Care.